In order for the home inspection to be approved by an Allstate inspector the home needs to be within 1000 feet of a fire hydrant. If it's further than this the policy will be cancelled. Proof through Myriad Agent Portal is required when a discrepancy is in place. With the inspector submitting this through agency portal, the agent is required to approve of the results in Myriad and the policy can be updated accordingly. If within 1000 ft is approved the policy can remain in force however if the hydrant is 1001 ft or further from the home this will be insufficient proof and the policy will be updated to reflect the feet to the fire hydrant. If no response is given the policy will be as if the fire-hydrant is beyond 1001 ft.
This does not automatically change the policy from active to cancellation status but it can increase the premium of the policy. For more information contact Allstate for further details.
Homeowners applications can be bound effective a maximum of 12 months future effective.
Backdated applications and/or endorsements are ineligible - meaning you can't create an endorsement within the application.
Application's signature is required on all monoline applications
Comply with the established Company Policy regarding the ordering o credit reports.
Company conversions - 100% of company conversions must:
- Be customer initiated
- Be processed using the Allstate Enhancement Strategy (AES) Special Business Option (SBO) process
Any misrepresentation or concealment of material facts during the application process during the term of the policy, or during the presentation of any claim may cause ineligibility or cancellation.
Homes 49 years of age and younger & homes 50 years of age and older with a supporting auto policy.
.....more to come on Allstate Home insurance applications
Although Allstate Uses Conexes for their commercial policies, any auto or coverage that is added to the policy needs to be done through this system to be able to have coverage. Hired Auto Physical Damage Coverage provides additional physical damage protection for vehicles rented, leased, hired or borrowed for business use, not including vehicles borrowed from employees or business partners. (any borrowing of vehicles by employees) that means you need to have the coverage on your policy. When in connexus after adding the coverage to the policy underneath the hired auto liability information in the State of Illinois, add Excess Hired: IF ANY that means that it will cover incidental exposures excluding vehicles borrowed or rented.
Once the coverage has been added it will appear under optional coverage, then under Hired Auto Physical Damage, what will appear is Comp Cost of Hire: If ANY will allow you to have coverage for incidental exposures.
Although the hired auto liability coverage has been added you need to select the deductibles in order to ensure you have physical damage for the vehicle. This can be done in connexus as well under the policy tab.
Recently I had a customer ask about business coverage for a Uhaul going across state lines. What would need to be added to his business policy to have coverage for travel. Both on the vehicle itself as well as the personal property being carried. He's renting a Uhaul and taking it over to Oregon where he's setting up a restaurant business there, basically expanding his business. This is great but what needs to change on his policy? Well basically he needs to get Hired Liability Coverage for the Uhaul itself to be covered for liability and damage to the vehicle. He will have coverage to the vehicle in the event of an accident included on the Uhaul. What about the personal property? He's lugging $50,000+ of restaurant equipment in the Uhaul that will be installed in Eugene Oregon to establish this new business. That's a lot of stuff that needs to be covered. So we're going to be adding the Inland Marine which has personal property coverage up to a certain limit, which he establishes. So there's hired auto liability coverage ($70 a year) along with the Inland Marine which is a totally separate policy that would cover him when or if he needs personal property damage or coverage to anything within the Uhaul. Pretty great how that covers him. I hope this has been helpful for anyone looking to get coverage or specific needs on their business. Inland Marine is $100 a year.
When Sending EOI's to mortgage lenders we always try to be accurate in our information. Accuracy matters because it gets the correct information over to the lender which allows them to have the correct price, premiums, and location of all documents needed.
Allstate provides refunds to customer that is most cases to the customer's home however when the customer is transferring to another home or lender, it's always a good idea to write the policy as an SBO so that I'm not writing a new application. This will help with the automatic transfer to the new or same lender on the new policy. The termination and refund extra will get sent to the lender automatically which makes things much smoother and easier for all parties, rather then the customer having to get their refund to their house.
11 Things You Need to Do After a Car Accident - Over six million car accidents occur each year in the United States. Luckily, most of them only involve property damage - damage to the vehicle as opposed to the occupants. However still one in every three accidents have some kind of personal injury to the driver or passengers of the car. Of those 33.33% tow in ten or 20% are fatally wounded and are left with fatal injuries taking them to the hospital and at times emergency room.
The follow are 10 things you can do if you are ever in an auto accident, some simple yet important steps you can take, some involving insurance and others some for your personal well-being.
1. STOP. Never leave the scene of the accident or drive away. Always remain at the scene until all the proper information has been gathered, even if the accident was minor.
2. PROTECT THE OTHER DRIVERS. You can prevent from further accidents and other drivers by getting to the side of the road, putting your emergency blinkers on and even setting up flares to notify other drivers of the accident and to steer clear of your vehicles. You can also keep a flashlight in your vehicle if you are ever in an accident at night and need to have visibility to see and to let other drivers there is someone distressed or hurt on the road. This will allow you to see where you're going and if your car's lights turned off from the accident it will allow the other drivers to see you walking near the scene of the accident.
3. CALL THE POLICE. Even if there are no serious injuries, it is a good idea to call the police. Insurance companies in most cases need the police report to file the claim correctly, even if it wasn't you're fault and you don't need to file a claim with your own company, you will need it for the other person's insurance company for them to have an accurate record of the accident.
4. MAKE AN ACCURATE RECORD. When the police arrive, make sure you tell the police officer(s) exactly what happened and if you can use witnesses to confirm your story. Some people deny fault and cases are required to go to court, in that case it's always a good idea to get a witness if you need to confirm who's fault it was in the accident. If it was you're fault be sure to be honest about it and go a head and start a claim on you're insurance. In this case it's good to have accident forgiveness on your vehicles. This allows you to get into an accident without increasing your premiums. It's also a very good idea to have low deductibles or to deductible rewards which will cover your normal $500-$1000 deductible costs. When telling to investigative officer do not speculate, guess or misstate any of the facts. If you are asked if you are injured and you are not sure, say you are not sure, rather than no. Often, the pain and injuries from motor vehicle accidents become apparent hours after the actual collision. You should also make sure statements made by other persons involved in the accident are accurate as well.
5. TAKE PICTURES. If you want further proof of the accident, it's a good idea to use your camera (on a phone or in your car) to show proof of the damage in the accident. Old insurance companies used to give you an estimate for your insurance coverage and pay out immediately upon seeing your damage, then later the damage to the vehicle was so much worse than the estimated amount that it left people paying for much of the damage themselves and the insurance company only would "guess" the damage based off the photo. That doesn't happen anymore, it still is good to have proof of damage for the police report and for the insurance company to see the general idea of the accident. . If you have visible injuries, you should photograph them as well for your PIP coverage and or health insurance provider. However, you should in no way interfere with the on-going police investigation. If you cannot take pictures at the scene of the accident, take them as soon as possible after the accident.
6. EXCHANGE INFORMATION. Whether the police are going to be arriving at the accident or not you always need to exchange insurance information. Don't just run off if you don't see any damage. There usually is damage that you find later that you thought was benign at the scene of the accident. If you need the police there, they can help you exchange information and get the insurance companies involved for you. If there are witnesses, you should get information from them as well so that you or your attorney can contact them in the future. If police respond to the accident, the investigating officer usually will provide all drivers with a police report number. You can use that number later to obtain the police report. If the accident occurs on a state highway, you must request the report from the state police.
7- CONTACT THE RIGHT INSURANCE COMPANY. When you are filing your insurance claim make sure you contact the right insurance company. Some claim departments will file a claim on your own insurance even though you weren't at fault, this will cause you to have a claim on your insurance and can cause your premiums to go up and cause further "past accidents" on your insurance record which will increase premiums if you decide to switch companies in the future. It may seem simple but people make this mistake a lot, thinking they need to file something for their own insurance even though they weren't at fault.
8. REPORT THE ACCIDENT IMMEDIATELY. Don't wait to file the claim with you're insurance until later. Even and especially if you're at the scene of the accident, the details won't be fussy later, they're fresh now so make sure you're calling your company that same moment of the accident just to notify them of the accident, even if you're not filing a claim. This helps you're agent stay on top of this claim if he needs to have something on his file for subrogation purposes. They will be able to see the details of the accident and speak to the underwriting claims team about the accident and inform them of the subrogation process, it's also good to have all that information on their file if for whatever reason the need to know of the accident in the future. This is also good if you have any medical benefits such as PIP. PIP coverage or (Personal Injury Protection, it's also sometimes called "Medpay") is a no faulty coverage meaning it doesn't matter who's fault it was for the accident. This will cover any medical payments up to whatever limit you have, $3000 is the minimum required by insurance companies in the state of Utah, it may differ by state. If you've exhausted you're PIP you may need to talk to you're health insurance provider for further medical payments of the damages to you're person.
9- SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION. Often, injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents are not immediately apparent. Most of our clients report feeling the most pain a day or two following an automobile accident. Unless you are absolutely certain you were not injured, you should seek medical attention at your local emergency room or by seeing your family physician. Even in accidents involving minor impact, you can sustain a serious and permanent injury to your spinal cord. If you lost consciousness or were dazed for even a short period of time following the collision, you may have suffered a concussion or closed head injury. This can cause cognitive and behavioral changes if left untreated.
10. KEEP A FILE. Keep all your accident-related documents and information together. This information should include a claim number, the claim's adjuster who is handling the claim, names and phone numbers of all contacts, receipts for a rental car and other expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
11. PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. Perhaps the most important thing you should do after an accident is to consult your attorney. Your attorney can protect your rights and make sure valuable evidence is not destroyed. Often, insurance companies want to take statements immediately after an accident. It is important that you have received legal advice before providing such a statement. Your attorney can advise you on issues ranging from how to make sure you are fully compensated for your vehicle to how to make sure you are getting the best medical treatment available. Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no legal fee unless the attorney recovers compensation for your injuries.
First don't assume that just because some companies claim they are going to be the cheapest, doesn't mean that always is the case. Some companies will boast how much they have been able to save certain insureds and that they dominate the market with their rates, it's always a good idea to shop even the companies that appear or supposedly aren't cheap to get the real picture.
Something also to consider is your address and credit score. If one driver's address shows up as your old address and yours is the current address your company may get what's called a no hit which can decrease your discounts, while still being able to provide coverage. It's a minor thing but important if you're looking to save. Also be aware that your credit does play a factor in your car insurance. If you have a high credit score you're more likely to have a lower rate when purchasing your car insurance.
Youre car does play a factor in the rate in which you're purchasing. If you're buying a mercedes SLK 2019 your rates are going to be much different than if your insuring a 2000 ford focus. It's just logic. A mercedes not only requires collision and comp deductibles but it also is just a more expesive and potentially high risk vehicle
Most of this suff is in the video. Keep an eye out for these things and you'll see your rates go lower and lower.
Why Life insurance through an agency
Most people don´t realize that life insurance outside of work isn´t enough. They assume that by having a regular policy of $10,000 that is with their work will last if they transfer jobs or locations but they´re wrong. If they for whatever reason switch jobs they are required to get a new policy with their new age and in most cases it´s less than even $10,000
When you think about what you need to leave behind for loved ones, that´s only enough to pay for a funeral, but what about your loved ones. What about a mortgage payment for your spouse or extra income for groceries, or enough to pay for the car ect. Would a $50,000 policy last you 5 years or even 2 years. I don´t believe so. You´ll need at least $250,000 or more depending upon your current income.
Life insurance is not a luxury item
In a recent study, most people over estimated the cost of life insurance by 5 thinking life insurance was a luxury item. When you look at a $250,000 life insurance policy for a young couple in their 20´s the average cost of that policy ends up being something like $14 per month. This is absolutely worth the cost. That´s about the cost of your regular gym membership to be able to pay for your own life that´s absolutely worth it.
People should stop `fronting` life insurance
These mere $5,000-$10,000 policies are like someone fronting off of their parents policy when they are young this can be something that can be done, but it just isn´t enough. This practice of fronting isn´t something that is totally understandable but the best thing you can do as a young parent is to get a small $250,000 -$500,000 20 year term policy. This will last years of income for a spouse and not just for your funeral, but will cover mortgage payments, car payments and many other expenses that are necessary.
Who receives the life insurance
These are often called dependents or beneficiaries. They receive the policy after the life policy holder has deceased. This could be children or a spouse or a friend. They must have a social security number and be legal citizens of the United States to qualify by having a social security number or they don´t qualify.
I've been an insurance agent for 2 coming on 3 years now and I have been frustrated and gotten things wrong so many times. I have gotten addresses wrong repeatedly, gotten information wrong on apps, so many times that customers even called back complaining about me. It's been a learning experience that's for sure. As I learn more and more I find myself loving being an agent. I like to see the app get to the customer and they have been fully satisfied with the process. It's truly a joy to see that the person is insured and a happy customer. As I continue to grow I want to find out more and more what I can do to get better and make the customers I work with on a day to day basis happy and satisfied. Here are some basic habits I am looking to adopt as your local and hopefully national insurance agent.
1- Be Hungry
As an insurance agent you can't be cozied up on the couch hoping someone is going to just call out of the blue. You need to be on the phone contact or getting leads from clients. You need to know that your going to get sales and friends of your business every day. You need to wake up and see your self successful. Knowing that you are a success. You are the best and customers need to feel that from you.
2- Be Customer Obsessed
Products are important. A person can be obsessed with a product but there are hundreds of products that are almost exactly the same, esspecially in the insurance world, but what sets you apart from the other competitors are your ability to help the customer be customer obsessed and making sure that you are committed to making the customer happy and satisfied. So they want you as their agent and you are their best.
3- Be Open and Vulnerable
If you're vulnerable it means you are open to correction or change. People that are closed are used to dealing with other people that are closed, which means less sharing of ideas and thoughts. In order to succeed in this business you need to be open and even vulnerable to your own errors and mistakes. Allow yourself to be open and vulnerable with customers they will be open and vulnerable with you in return and more trusting with you as you deal with their important information.
Persistent does NOT mean annoying, it means focussed. You are there to help your customer reach an important decision in their own lives. You need to ensure that these customers feel and know you are there for them and you are THEIR agent. You need to focus this attention and get the distractions out of the way. Don't let your self get down, thinking people dont want to hear from me, I don't have anything interesting to say to them. I can't tell you how many times I have felt after a phone call I didn't say anything to someone that made them really feel that I was their agent and they were empowered by me. When you get to the customer help them feel that you are focussed on them. Train your brain to stay focussed at the task at hand
Looking for a window tint?? Click the Button below for a window tint in Jackson, MS
5- Be Calculating
This means being logical and good with numbers. If you can help customers see value in you as an agent with your knowledge and friendship, you also need to be able to help them with their bills. When customers look for an agent they want some that will take care of the details for them, on the financial end of things. They don't want to have to do the math themselves, the better you and explain the numbers to them the better you will be at an agent and the more they will trust you.
6- Be Trusting
Author George McDonald once observed, "Being trusted is a greater compliment than being loved." This is absoluetly true as an insruance agent. You can be loved by many if you aren't trusted by those you do business with they will never go into business with you, just because they love you. You need to be trusted and trusting and display that and prove that by your heart, mind and actions.
People usually buy from other people because they are happy. When you're happy youre confident. When you're confident people feel that naturally and they want to be around you and buy from you. Keep this in mind and show and be every day a happy person and you will find more people that will want to do business with you than when you are able to help others.